name = Joseph Cirincione
caption = Joseph Cirincione
birth_date = birth date and age|1949|11|13
occupation = President, Ploughshares Fund
Joseph Cirincione (b. November 13, 1949) is the President of the Ploughshares Fund [http://www.ploughshares.org] , a public grant-making foundation focused on nuclear weapons policy and conflict resolution. He was appointed to the presidency by the Ploughshares board of directors on March 5, 2008. Cirincione had previously served as vice president for national security and international policy at the Center for American Progress in Washington, DC, and for eight years as the director for non-proliferation at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. He is the author of "Bomb Scare: The History and Future of Nuclear Weapons" [http://www.amazon.com/Bomb-Scare-History-Nuclear-Weapons/dp/0231135106] (Columbia University Press, 2007) and "Deadly Arsenals: Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Threats" [http://www.carnegieendowment.org/publications/index.cfm?fa=view&id=16650&prog=zgp&proj=znpp] (Carnegie Endowment, second edtion 2006) and the co-author of "Universal Compliance: A Strategy for Nuclear Security" [http://www.carnegieendowment.org/publications/index.cfm?fa=view&id=16593&prog=zgp&proj=znpp] (Carnegie Endowment, 2005) and "WMD in Iraq: Evidence and Implications" [http://www.carnegieendowment.org/npp/iraqintell/home.cfm] (Carnegie Endowment, 2003). He is on the adjunct faculty of the Georgetown University School of Foreign Service and a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
Cirincione chaired and organized five of the annual Carnegie International Non-Proliferation Conferences, considered the premier event in the field. Video and audio recordings of the conferences are available on line as well as a DVD of the 2005 conference highlights, [http://www.carnegieendowment.org/static/npp/2005conference/2005_conference.htm] including Cirincione's 15-minute slide and film presentation, "A Brief History of the Nuclear Age." [http://www.dotorgdigital.com/showNov7.html]
He worked for nine years in the U.S. House of Representatives as a professional staff member of the Committee on Armed Services and the Committee on Government Operations, and served as staff director of the bipartisan Military Reform Caucus.
In May 2004 the National Journal listed Cirincione as one of the 100 people who will play a critical role in the policy debates of the next administration. The World Affairs Councils of America in 2005 named him one of 500 people whose views have the most influence in shaping American foreign policy. He lectures around the world on nuclear policy and is widely published in the field with over 200 articles to his credit.
He is featured along with other foreign affairs experts and pundits in interviews in Eugene Jarecki's documentary film "Why We Fight".
In advance of the 2008 presidential campaign, Cirincione has been an informal adviser to Senator Barack Obama's campaign, focusing his work on nuclear matters. [http://news.yahoo.com/s/ibd/20080520/bs_ibd_ibd/20080520issues01] [http://www.fpif.org/fpiftxt/4940]
Cirincione is an expert advisor to the Congressional Commission on the Strategic Posture of the United States, chaired by former Secretary of Defense William J. Perry and former Secretary of Energy and Secretary of Defense James R. Schlesinger. Cirincione also serves as a member of the Advisory Committee to the Commission on the Prevention of WMD Proliferation and Terrorism, headed by former Senator Bob Graham (D-FL) and former Senator Jim Talent (R-MO).
* [http://rethinkmedia.org/ploughshares-fund/pressrelease/2008/02/19/joseph-cirincione-lead-expansion-ploughshares-fund Ploughshares Fund announcement of Cirincione appointment as president] , February 20, 2008
* [http://www.thewashingtonnote.com.php5-6.websitetestlink.com/archives/2008/02/center_for_amer/ Steve Clemmons of the Washington Note] blogs on Cirincione's move to Ploughshares
* [http://matthewyglesias.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/02/cirincione_to_ploughshares.php Matt Yglesias of the Atlantic] blogs on Cirincione's move to Ploughshares.
* [http://www.sonyclassics.com/whywefight/ Why We Fight Official Site]
* [http://www.armscontrol.org/act/2006_11/StopIran.asp "The Clock's Ticking: Stop Iran Before It Is Too Late," Arms Control Today, November 2006]
* [http://www.nytimes.com/cfr/international/slot1_010606.html Q&A:Iran's Nuclear Issues (NY Times 1/6/06)]
* [http://www.carnegieendowment.org/experts/index.cfm?fa=expert_view&expert_id=10 Carnegie Endowment Staff Bio]
* [http://www.americanprogress.org/experts/CirincioneJoseph.html Center for American Progress Staff Bio]
Источник: Joseph Cirincione