Alexander Glebovich Nevzorov (Russian: Александр Невзоров Глебович; born on August 3, 1958 in Leningrad, Soviet Union); a member of Russian parliament, a film director and a former journalist. He is the founder of the horsemanship school, Nevzorov Haute Ecole.
Alexander Nevzorov studied at the Department of Philology of Leningrad State University. He used to be a novice in a monastery, bass chorister, keeper of a museum, loader, stunt man and literary secretary.
He started his work for the Leningrad television in 1985 and had been an editor-in-chief in Leningrad (and later Saint-Petersburg) television for 10 years. In December 1987 - 1993 he hosted the enormously popular daily political program "600 seconds" on the Leningrad TV channel, aired then all over the Soviet Union. [ [http://www.zaks.ru/a0/ru/person/view.thtml?i=657&p=0&r=0 Biography] (in Russian)] [ [http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1460-2466.1991.tb02317.x The Struggle for Control over Soviet Television] by Elena Androunas, "Journal of Communication" 41.2, 185-200 (June 1991).] On December 121990, Nevzorov was shot and slightly wounded in Leningrad under obscure circumstances in a headline-making attempt [ [http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0CE5DB1139F937A25751C1A966958260 Popular Soviet TV Journalist Reported Shot] , "Reuters", December 141990.] [ [http://www.zaks.ru/a0/ru/person/view.thtml?i=657&p=0&r=0 Biography] (in Russian)] . He was militantly in favor of preserving the Soviet Union integrity. On January 151991, in his program he approved brutal actions of the Soviet authorities in Vilnius during the Vilnius massacre. In late 1991 his program was taken off the air two times and later gradually lost its popularity.
Nevzorov worked as a reporter, collecting news from Yugoslav wars and the War of Transnistria in 1992-1993. In 1994 he was a vocal supporter of the initiation of the First Chechen War. [ [http://www.zaks.ru/a0/ru/person/view.thtml?i=657&p=0&r=0 Biography] (in Russian)] . In 1997 he wrote and directed the TV film "Purgatory" about the Chechen war, co-produced with Boris Berezovsky and released in March 1998. [ [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0846774/ Chistilishche (1998) (TV)] @ IMDB]
In the 1993 campaign he was elected deputy in the State Duma of the Russian Federation for the first time, and since then has been reelected as an independent deputy three times.
He was an advisor for filmmaking, TV and radio to Saint Petersburg Governor Vladimir Yakovlev.
In 1999 Nevzorov worked with the ORT TV channel and often appeared as an expert in Sergey Dorenko's program on Saturdays.
Later he abandoned political journalism and devoted himself to horses. [ [http://lenta.ru/news/2007/02/09/koni/ Невзоров ушел в конную журналистику] , Lenta.ru] He wrote the book "The Horse: Crucified and Risen", directed two films, and some other articles and publications.
Nevzorov Haute Ecole
Developed methods for training horses without the use of traditional means of control (bits). Owner and operator of Nevzorov Haute Ecole, a school of horse training and riding. Nevzorov methods have not been widely publicized, due to the lack of attention on the part of international equestrian community. However, Nevzorov appears to have a following within, as well as without Russia. According to Alexander Nevzorov, his methods were developed by himself with the help of his wife, in working with Nevzorov horse Perst. The school is represented outside of Russia by some of Nevzorov students in Canada/USA, Germany.
For the last couple of years Nevzorov has been studying the effects horse sports have on a horses' body.
* [http://www.hauteecole.ru/en/alexander_nevzorov.php Haute Ecole biography]
* [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0627559/ Aleksandr Nevzorov] @ IMDB
* [http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0CE5DB1139F937A25751C1A966958260 Popular Soviet TV Journalist Reported Shot] , "Reuters", December 141990.
* [http://www.bu.edu/iscip/vol2/jensen.html Two Steps Forward, One Step Back] by Linda B. Jensen, March 1992.
* [http://www.cdi.org/russia/johnson/3482.html Notes of an idler. Kremlin Strikes Back in St. Petersburg] by Fyodor Gavrilov, "The St. Petersburg Times", September 31999.
* [http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1460-2466.1991.tb02317.x The Struggle for Control over Soviet Television] by Elena Androunas, "Journal of Communication" 41.2, 185-200 (June 1991).
* [http://www.zaks.ru/a0/ru/person/view.thtml?i=657&p=0&r=0 Biography] (in Russian)
* [http://www.rg.ru/2004/05/28/nevzorov.html Александр Невзоров: Лошади учат людей терпению] by Galina Romanova, "Rossiyskaya Gazeta", May 282004.
* [http://www.duma.gov.ru/index.jsp?t=deputat/99100289.html Official page of the State Duma] (in Russian)
Источник: Alexander Nevzorov