|Annabel Jane Elizabeth Karmel
||10 May 1957
Annabel Jane Elizabeth Karmel MBE is the author of books on nutrition and cooking for babies, children and families.
Her first book was The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner, written in 1991. It was endorsed by Great Ormond Street Hospital, the UK’s leading children’s hospital. She has since published other books and has worked as a consultant with manufacturers like Marks and Spencer. In August 2006 she launched ‘Make Your Own…’ A range of equipment for making one's own baby food.
Annabel writes regularly for national United Kingdom newspapers including The Times, The Daily Mail and the Sunday Mirror, and also contributes to Practical Parenting, BBC Good Food and Sainsbury's Magazine. She is the children’s celebrity chef on the BBC website and also appears frequently on radio and television. She completed a series on the Richard & Judy Show, as the Foodie Godmother where she travelled around the United Kingdom solving the problems of fussy eaters. She also filmed a 10 part series with Sky Active called Mummy That's Yummy.
In 2007, Annabel launched a range of food products for children called Eat Fussy with Sainsbury's supermarket in the UK. In 2010, Annabel launched a range of ambient and organic sauces and pastas to all the major UK supermarkets.
In 2010 Annabel teamed up with Disney to make a range of healthy snacks which are stocked in all major UK supermarkets.
www.annabelkarmel.com is the UK's leading website on feeding babies, children and families and is a favourite for mummy bloggers.
In 2011 Annabel aired her TV show Annabel's Kitchen, commissioned for CITV, with major sponsors being Fairy Liquid and Procter and Gamble.
Annabel was awarded an MBE in June 2006 in the Queen's Birthday Honours List for her work in the field of child nutrition; however, on 25 January 2010, BBC's Panorama exposed her ready-made meals as being very high in salt and sugar for children.
- Karmel, Annabel (6 January 2011). My Kitchen Table - Annabel Karmel: 100 Family Meals. Ebury Press. ISBN 9780091940539.
- Karmel, Annabel (7 May 2009). Annabel Karmel's Complete Family Meal Planner. Ebury Press. ISBN 9780091932190.
- Karmel, Annabel (5 March 2009). Top 100 Finger Foods. Ebury Press. ISBN 9780091925079.
- Karmel, Annabel (24 January 2008). Annabel Karmel's New Complete Baby & Toddler Meal Planner - 4th Edition. Ebury Press. ISBN 9780091924850.
- Karmel, Annabel (23 August 2007). Fussy Eaters. Ebury Press. ISBN 9780091922849.
- Karmel, Annabel (9 March 2006). After School Meal Planner. Ebury Press. ISBN 9780091905002.
- Karmel, Annabel (1 September 2005). Top 100 Baby Purees. Ebury Press. ISBN 9780091904999.
- Karmel, Annabel (7 April 2005). Annabel Karmel's Favourite Family Recipes. Ebury Press. ISBN 9780091904968.
- Karmel, Annabel (1 October 2007). New Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner - Mothercare exclusive. Ebury Press. ISBN 9780091923150.