Infobox comics creator
name = Rick Remender
imagesize = 250px
caption = Rick Remender at Heroes Con 2006
nationality = American
area = Writer
notable works = "Fear Agent"
"The End League"
website = http://www.rickremender.com
Rick Remender is an American comic book writer and artist who resides in Portland, Oregon. He is best known for his creator-owned work on Image Comics' series "Fear Agent", "Strange Girl", and "Sea of Red".
Before working in the comic book industry Rick worked in animation on such films as "The Iron Giant", "Anastasia", "Titan A.E." and "The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle".
He has illustrated album covers for punk bands such as NOFX, Pitch Black, Lagwagon and No Use for a Name.
In 2005 he illustrated the comic book adaptation of the movie "Man With the Screaming Brain", which was published by Dark Horse Comics.
In 2006 he illustrated the series "The Last Christmas", which was written by Brian Posehn with Gerry Dugan and inked by Hilary Barta.
On January 8, 2007 it was announced on his column Against The Grain that he would be teaming up with French artist Paul Renaud for a "Red Sonja" one-shot published by Dynamite Entertainment titled "Vacant Shell". [ [http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=9472 There's Just Something About Sonja: Remender Talks "Vacant Shell"] , Comic Book Resources, January 26, 2007] He is also working on the horror anthology comics "Crawl Space" with Kieron Dwyer, which will include stories like "XXXombies". [ [http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=11989 ZOMBIE PORN: Remender has "XXXombies" in his "Crawl Space"] , Comic Book Resources, September 28, 2007]
Remender is currently working on the Dark Horse Comics series "The End League", as well as launching a giant robot series "Gigantic" [ [http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=16735 The Ultimate Gladiator: Remender talks “Gigantic”] , Comic Book Resources, June 9, 2008] , he will also be relaunching "Fear Agent" [ [http://www.comicsbulletin.com/features/119424231788801.htm Remender's Fear Agent: Open Wound as Lead Character] , Comics Bulletin, November 4, 2007] and starting a new series at Image Comics called "Sorrow" [ [http://www.comicsbulletin.com/features/118594109511521.htm Rick Remender: Where Fear Meets Sorrow] , Comics Bulletin, July 31, 2007] . He has also announced work on a comic based on the Lanyard Toys line "The Corps!" for Devil's Due Publishing. [ [http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=17000 WW Chicago: Devil's Due & Remender Unleash "The Corps!"] , Comic Book Resources, June 28, 2008] [ [http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=17936 Remender Reloads The Corps!] , Comic Book Resources, September 4, 2008]
In 2008, he became co-author of "Punisher War Journal" with #19 and will become the sole writer after Matt Fraction leaves the title. IDW Publishing also released a "master edition" of "Black Heart Billy". [ [http://www.newsarama.com/comics/100802-RemenderBHB.html Rick Remender: The Secret Origin of Black Heart Billy] , Newsarama, October 2, 2008]
*"Captain Dingleberry" (Slave Labor Graphics, 1999)
*"Black Heart Billy" (AiT/Planet Lar, 2000)
*"Doll and Creature" (AiT/Planet Lar, 2002)
*"Night Mary" (IDW Publishing, 2005)
*"Sea of Red" (with Salgood Sam & Kieron Dwyer, Image Comics, 2005)
*"Strange Girl" (with Eric Nguyen, Image Comics, 2005)
*"Fear Agent" (with Tony Moore, Image Comics and Dark Horse Comics, 2005-ongoing)
*"Doll and Creature" (Image Comics, 2006)
*"Red Sonja": "Vacant Shell" (with Paul Renaud, one-shot, Dynamite Entertainment, 2007)
*"Crawl Space" (with Kieron Dwyer, Image Comics, 2007-ongoing)
*"Sorrow" (with co-author Seth Peck and art by Francesco Francavilla, Image Comics, August 2007-ongoing)
*"The End League" (with Mat Broome, Dark Horse Comics, January 2008-ongoing)
*"Gigantic" (with Eric Nguyen, Dark Horse Comics, October 2008, forthcoming)
Against The Grain
On September 5, 2006, Rick began writing a monthly column for the comic book news website Newsarama.
* [http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=82990 Against The Grain: Ten Years Overnight]
* [http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=84576 Against The Grain: Looking Ahead]
* [http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=88611 Against The Grain: Drunks In Comics]
* [http://www.newsarama.com/general/Remender/04/endleague.html Against The Grain: The End League]
* [http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=92397 Against The Grain: The Middle School]
Between January 8, 2007 and January 24, 2007 Rick's column spotlighted seven artists he was collaborating with on forthcoming projects.
* [http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=96767 Against The Grain 7: Paul Renaud]
* [http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=96829 Against The Grain 7: Michael Cho]
* [http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=96946 Against The Grain 7: Francesco Francavilla]
* [http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=97078 Against The Grain 7: Jerome Opena]
* [http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=97736 Against The Grain 7: Paul Harmon]
* [http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=97978 Against The Grain 7: Peter Berting]
* [http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=98621 Against The Grain 7: Nick Stakal]
* [http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=98746 Against The Grain 7: Rick Remender]
*He penciled the final mock comic book cover in the opening sequence of "Ultraviolet".
*He taught animation and comic art part time at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco.
* [http://www.imagecomics.com/messageboard/viewforum.php?f=4 Image Comics' Rick Remender Messageboard]
* [http://www.comicgeekspeak.com/episodes/comic_geek_speak-494.php Interview with Remender on the Comic Geek Speak podcast]
Источник: Rick Remender